Motorists can view a list of the automated OEM Recommendations when they click the ‘Request Appointment’ link in their service reminder email.
- The customer is made aware of the OEM service recommendations and knows what will be addressed at their visit to the shop.
- These recommended actions are automatically checked but the motorist can uncheck the boxes for any jobs they do not want performed at their next visit.
- The customer could uncheck boxes for jobs that are necessary or urgent.
- If the customer is not previously notified of the email, they are likely to ignore the email.
AutoVitals’ system automatically populates this field with OEM Service Recommendations for that particular vehicle’s service interval. The majority of the interfacing between Service Advisor and customer should be done in the customer follow-up.
- The OEM Recommendations in the service reminder serve as a reinforcement and reminder to the customer about the recommended actions.
- If not properly prefaced during a previous interaction with the customer, the customer could lose faith in the Service Advisor as the trusted primary source of information.
The Service Advisor should already be aware of the OEM Recommendations because they should have been discussed with the customer:
- While the customer was picking up their vehicle at their prior visit, the Service Advisor should have discussed the OEM recommendations when setting up the next appointment. [see Best Practices for this here]
- The Service Advisor should also have been able to discuss these recommendations with the customer in a follow-up call after their prior visit. [see Best Practices for this here]
- The OEM Recommendations in the service reminder emails are absolutely designed to be used in conjunction with Best Practices at Pick-up and Follow-up.
The critical success factors for an effective retention process are:
- Review the OEM Recommendations needed when the customer is picking up their vehicle
- Remind the customer of their Recommendations during the Follow-up Call.
The following factors are negative effects of reviewing recommendations with the motorist:
- The Service Advisor must invest time in reviewing this with the customer at vehicle pick-up and in the follow-up call.
Service Advisors should make sure to discuss OEM Recommendations with the customer at Vehicle Pick-up and the Follow-up Call so that the Service Reminder Emails are the most efficient.
- Release Notes V6.0.52 (TVP.X) and V5.0.58 (TVP Legacy) - October 23, 2020
- Release Notes V6.0.50 (TVP.X) and V5.0.57 (TVP Legacy) - October 11, 2020
- Release Notes V6.0.47 (TVP.X) and V5.0.56 (TVP Legacy) - September 26, 2020