Turn your Phone to Landscape
Existing SmartFlow user and New to Protractor?
Or vice versa?
The protractor integration went very smooth and the following article describes specific characteristics of this exciting integration finished and tested by shops productively in March 2018.
Other than traditional PoS software, Protractor is hosted on the web, so no software installation is needed on your local server for the integration.
All we need are three identifiers shown in the image below. At the top is shown the Protractor settings screen you note down the three identifiers from. At the bottom, you see how we internally connect to your database and make sure we connected successfully. An existing AutoVitals client can be converted within a day, once we know your identifiers. A new client will be integrated and configured within 3 -5 days since essential parameters for configuration are to be determined in an intro phone call.
All SmartFlow features work just fine with two modifications:
- No SmartFlow Add-On needs to be installed. Once you have imported service packages from protractor (automatically done overnight) and configured as recommended actions on your inspection sheets, you are ready to go. Once the inspection results show up on the TVP, pressing the button “Update SF Add-On” after review and modifications (if needed) will make the inspection results appear as the first job on the work order (see image below), including a hyperlink to the results.
In addition, the service packages including labor rates as configured will be added to the work order. see below an example
In order for the service advisor to distinguish between manually added service packages and automatically added ones, our software adds the “Added by AutoVitals SmartFlow” as a subtitle as seen in the image above..
- For protractor users, who got accustomed to seeing the inspection results in Protractor results, but without images and videos of the inspection, please check out this easy to use best practice. No inspection results will get lost since the hyperlink will always point to the inspection results, which are copied over in addition to your Gmail google drive you configured at setup.
- The integration with Protractor on the CRM side is as easy as any other CRM integration. Deferred work (declined jobs) will be detected and sent as recommendations with service reminder emails and text messages.
- NOTE for all Protractor and existing AutoVitals clients switching from another PoS:
- Declined Jobs and Recommendations from other PoS software will NOT be imported in Protractor by Protractor and AMS. AutoVitals will make sure these will be preserved on the AutoVitals backend if and only if the RO# are kept from the previous PoS. Then AutoVitals will email/text them to your existing customers until they visit your shop. Then the recommendations and declined jobs will be purged from the reminders.
- The service reminder sets internal to Protractor will be supported as soon as Protractor offers a software interface to receive the sets.
- One glitch is known and Protractor is working on providing a fix to us: Deleted appointments are not detected. We will update as soon as we get news form Protractor.