- As motorists are picking up their vehicle, Service Advisors go through the performed jobs at his visit.
- In addition, going through any recalls is planting the seed for the the follow-up call and the service reminder. Accompanied by re-presenting and emailing the inspections, and making sure customers know where to find their service history online will increase the confidence on the motorist’s part that the recommended/declined jobs and recalls are real.
- Going over the recalls is a good opportunity to explain that the customer has access to these at any time via their Vehicle Service Center and the MyCarVitals app.
- Motorists might be in a hurry and don’t want to stay long at the counter. The Follow up call is the next opportunity to take care of the reinforcement of the message.
- Service Advisors have the opportunity to prepare the next visit by explaining the recalls and where more information about the need for them can be found.
- Service Advisors will build more trust in their ability to educate the motorist.
- When the motorist comes to pick up their vehicle, Service Advisors can access the Vehicle Service Center via the tile on the Today’s Vehicle Page. In the Vehicle Service Center, the Service Advisor can access a list of the recalls:
- Service Advisors should request the techs to take images during the digital inspections, so they show up in the thank you email (see below) and the service advisor can use educational videos on the website to help educating the motorist.
The critical success factors for an effective retention process are:
- Educate the motorist about the need for to address service recommendations and recalls.
- Personalize the motorist’s experience to increase the trust in the vehicle-specific recalls and recommendations.
- Reinforcing Recalls and Recommended Jobs at Vehicle Pick Up prepares the next appointment and follow up call as well as increases the opening rate of the service reminder.
There is no better way to engage the motorist than with vehicle specific and personalized recommendations. Reviewing Recalls and Service Recommendations with motorists at Vehicle Pick-up is highly recommended.