Turn your Phone to Landscape
Increase Approval Rate and Communication with Photo Captions
Technicians and Service Advisors make Inspection Reports More Effective
Pictures are worth a thousand words, but words can turn pictures into the most effective way of educating the motorists about the conditions of their vehicle. Both Techs and Service Advisors have the ability to edit those captions and motorists will see promptly what pictures have annotations and click on them for more details.
- Step 1: Take Photos on the Tablet and Adds Captions
- Step 2: The Service Advisor Adds/Modifies Captions
- Step 3: The Motorist is Educated
The Technician Takes Photos and Adds Captions
First things first, let’s start at Step 1 and take pictures just as usual on the Tablet. You will see a new notes icon on the Photo Viewer. It follows the same rules as any note on the tablet. The text before zzz is for shop eyes only, the texts after zzz if for customers eyes.
The Service Advisor Adds/Modify Captions
The image below shows the additional fields available to add/modify captions for the service advisor. Note that images with a red circle/arrow will create a copy and both the original and copy will contain the notes.
As the image below shows
In the current process all additional information is part of the wording in observation and/or action and can’t be made image specific.
We recommend using the Photo Caption in complex cases, such as
- The image doesn’t indicate clearly the malfunction or mint condition
- The image has arrows and circles indicating a specific problem, and the caption will explain the problem
Didn’t Find what you were looking for?
- Dos and Don’ts of Going Digital - June 28, 2020
- The Task Manager works its Magic for Service Advisors - June 28, 2020
- Going Digital is Going Places Never Thought Possible - April 27, 2020